An engineering firm used drones for transmission line construction planning, wildlife inventories and environmental compliance, reducing impacts on protected species in sensitive habitat—and the number of field workers needed for the project. Continue reading →
Skyward is the best-in-class drone operations software
Connect your people, projects, and equipment into one efficient workflow
Drone Operations Management for Businesses of Every Size
Efficient, standardized ops for both internal & outsourced fleets operating around the world
- Maintain a single system of record
- Ensure processes are carried out
- Mitigate risks with standardized workflows
Companies that use drones as a tool for doing business
Save time & money, collaborate with field crews, & find qualified pilots
- Provide proof of process to clients & prospects
- Manage your workforce, equipment, & records
- Always know where it’s safe to fly
Data & flight service providers with corporate clients and two or more field crews
Access new customers, build your business, & operate safely
- Plan & log flights
- Prove your experience
- Showcase your business & connect with prospective customers looking to hire drone pilots
Small businesses & sole pilots looking to prove professionalism & acquire new customers
Using Drones for a New Perspective on the News: Raycom Media
In February 2016, a local news station in Birmingham, Ala., WBRC FOX6 News, debuted a new way of reporting the news: the “WBRC Sky Tracker.” The station first integrated the Sky Tracker—really a Yuneec Typhoon H drone—into weather and traffic reports, advertising, and news-gathering. A year and a half later, the station continues to fly just about every weekday, finding more and more use cases for their drone program as they go.
Featured Case Study
How a Major General Contractor Built and Scaled Drone Operations
Hensel Phelps has among the most comprehensive and sophisticated in the industry. Overall, the construction and engineering business has adopted drones at a faster pace—and with more diverse use cases—than most other industries in the U.S.
Like most successful commercial drone operations, Hensel Phelps’ started out small and scaled over time. But because they started developing their drone operations so early, they benefited from the competitive advantage of early adoption.
Drones in News Media: Get into the air quickly, safely, and legally.
Whether you’re ready to launch a program or you’re just looking into it, this eBook will help you:
- Think through how to establish a business case for your drone operations
- Know and follow airspace regulations – and obtain Part 107 waivers in the U.S.
- Establish a program by implementing best practices and considering outcomes
- Prepare for fast, safe deployment of drone to capture breaking news