Good news, folks! Today, our partner DroneDeploy unleashed their new app store, giving drone operators and businesses the power to connect DroneDeploy with Skyward and other applications in just a few clicks.
This is the latest development in our ongoing partnership with DroneDeploy, designed to deliver enterprise-grade drone operations and data management to companies that are using drones as a tool for business. Companies across all industries now have seamless access to their DroneDeploy flight plans and logs in the Skyward ops management platform.
We’re always focused on creating the most efficient flight ops and business processes possible, and this integration streamlines the workflow for Skyward customers who also use DroneDeploy. Specifically, this will save our customers from having to enter their flight logs twice. In the coming months, look for more integrations like this one!
I couldn’t be happier with how easy it is to connect Skyward to a DroneDeploy account and sync flight information.
Here’s how it works.
- Log into DroneDeploy and navigate to the new app store on your dashboard.
- Select Skyward and any other apps you’d like to integrate with.
- Install and confirm.
- Sign into Skyward from the DroneDeploy dashboard.
- Select any completed flight plan in DroneDeploy, and you’ll be able to sync flight logs to Skyward. If you have more than one Skyward organization, you can select the correct one in the drop-down menu before syncing. Here’s an example of a recreational flight from our Skyward Drone Flight Club.
- Here’s what the imported flight area looks like in the Skyward airspace map.
- And here’s what the same information looks like imported into a Skyward operation plan, including date and stop and start times.
More about Skyward’s partnership with DroneDeploy
Skyward gives companies, from small business to enterprise, access to a complete operations management platform. DroneDeploy’s cloud-based software, which is compatible with any drone, puts aerial insights into the hands of businesses in a way that is faster, more user-friendly and cost-effective than ever before.
“Enterprises are now seeing a path to scale their drone operations with Part 107,” said Mike Winn, DroneDeploy CEO and cofounder. “However, regulatory compliance is a major concern. By partnering with Skyward we’re able to offer our customers an enterprise drone solution that helps businesses quickly ramp their drone operations while seamlessly mitigating their compliance risk.”
“So many of our customers who specialize in industries such as commercial construction and mining have told us that they need better ways to analyze data and quickly produce maps for their clients,” said Jonathan Evans, Skyward CEO. “Our integration with DroneDeploy solves this need for our customers, giving them a simple way to manage their entire operation while ensuring safety and efficiency on every job.”