Many drone pilots create areas of operation or even specific flights paths in Google Earth and export them as a .kml file to be shared with partners and clients. Skyward allows .kml files to be imported directly into the airspace map and used as an area of operation. An area of operation can also be exported as a .kml, to be imported later into other apps you may use such as DroneDeploy.
Importing a KML
Note: Only one polygon will be imported per .kml file. If a .kml file has more than one polygon, only the first polygon will import. Skyward does not support .kmz files.
1. On the Skyward Airspace Map, click Import KML.
2. Select the .kml file to import (remember, only one at a time).
3. The polygon in your .kml file will be added as a new flight area, and the map will auto-center on the location.
Exporting a KML
1. Select a flight area on the map.
2. Under the expandable menu, select Export KML.
3. Save the .kml file to the destination of your choice.